WIBW-TV, the top-rated station in northeast Kansas, is looking for an experienced co-anchor to lead its 10 p.m. Monday through Friday newscast. This person also would be responsible for reporting daily news and enterprise stories, and special projects. The select candidate should be a newsroom leader and team players, who will be a mentor for others on our team. The candidate should thrive in breaking news situations, and be able to engage with viewers on-air and online. It’s important this person be great at multi-tasking since you will have to do several activities at once.
This position includes a competitive compensation package including Gray’s generous 401(k) match, increased PTO, and free health insurance option.
Please note – the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above
- Minimum of 2 years anchoring
- College degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism-related field
- Leadership skills
- Exceptional news judgment
- Professional knowledge of news operations
- Must be able to work quickly, meet deadlines, multi-task and show composure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of and adherence to AP Style and broadcast writing
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including representing the station at community events
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.