If you are excited by the growing presence of news content in the digital realm, we’re looking for you!
WIBW-TV is seeking a Digital Content Manager. The right candidate is knowledgeable in various digital delivery systems, from websites and social media, to CTV, podcasts, and beyond. We need a manager who can lead the newsroom in digital news content ventures. Must be an excellent writer, skilled in content editing, with emphasis on spelling and grammar. Candidates must have ability to expand station CTV projects.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Supervising a young news/digital staff aiming at leading the market in digital news.
– Writing of breaking news and local content stories for website and social media platforms.
– Be excellent in developing all newsroom staffers for spelling and grammar perfection.
– Must be an idea leader in the development and expansion of CTV efforts at the station.
– College degree in journalism, communication or related field.
– Prior experience in broadcast news preferred.
– Experience with digital platforms.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WIBW TV has served Northeast Kansas for nearly 70 years and has a long tradition of excellence. A CBS affiliate, WIBW is located in Topeka, the Capital city of Kansas. Along with consistently high news ratings, we have the #1 website in the market and deliver strong results to our advertisers. Our market is often driven by weather, dating back to the devastating tornado that struck Topeka in 1966. In addition, we are situated between two Big 12 schools, and a short drive away from the Kansas City professional teams. WIBW-TV was the first television station in NE Kansas and continues to produce the best in news, weather, and sports reporting today.
To apply for this job please visit chris.fishhttps.