Website KOAM TV
KOAM NEWS NOW has an opening for a SPORTS DIRECTOR-ANCHOR to produce sports stories and segments for all platforms. KOAM is the news, weather, and sports leader in the 4-States area (Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri). The sport director is passionate about local sports and gets to cover the Kansas City Chiefs! We are looking for an organized individual with leadership skills. This is more than just tv! In addition to content for on air, we produce the largest local football publication in the area each fall. Social media and digital content creation is a significant part of this role. Join the legacy leader in sports in the Joplin/Pittsburg market. Apply now at KOAMNewsNow.com/jobs.
• We need a polished anchor-reporter with an energetic personality, a creative storyteller, a social media
enthusiast, and a drive to win.
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field is preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when necessary.
• Familiarity with the 4-States is a plus!
• Strong social media and digital skills.
• Able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Broadcast sports reporting experience is preferred but not required.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to travel and work any shift.
• You will write web stories, craft digital-exclusive content and post and go live on social media.
• You will produce and anchor sports reports for all platforms.
• You will write and deliver sports stories in a clear and concise manner.
• You will assist in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating sports programming.
• You will respond to breaking sports events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• You will work with the sports team to develop comprehensive sports coverage.
• You will participate in station promotional activities.
• You will produce special projects and other duties as assigned.
• You will shoot video for sports reports.
• You will edit video clips for television broadcasts and digital content.
• You will write stories for the website and other digital platforms.
• You will post content to and interact with viewers and users on social media sites in a professional manner.
KOAM-TV is part of Morgan Murphy Media, a family-owned, people first business. Located in Pittsburg, KS-Joplin, MO. Apply online at KoamNewsNow.com/jobs and include link to work samples. KOAM News Now is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.koamnewsnow.com.