Website KOAM TV
J365 Multi-Media Journalist
Morgan Murphy Media is looking for recent journalism school graduates for Multi-Media Journalist openings in our newly developed J365 program. This is an intensive developmental program designed to provide the essential learning blocks for a successful career in journalism. Winning candidates will follow a monthly curriculum of training modules geared towards reporting and individual career development. This is a first job experience, unlike found in other newsrooms. On top of top-notch training, participants will receive student loan payback bonuses, fast-tracked mobility within MMM, and the comfort and safety of working for a family company.
What You’ll Learn:
· Storytelling basics and advanced techniques
· Fundamentals of writing, shooting, editing, and lighting
· Understand your audience
· How to differentiate between story plans vs. story pitches
· How to work the different dayparts, including AM, dayside, and nightside
· Story plans vs. story pitches
· Mentorship from across MMM
· Personal development such as goal setting, conflict resolution, and strength assessment
Where You’ll Work:
You’ll be part of KOAM TV, a CBS affiliate station in Joplin, MO/Pittsburg KS, DMA #152. Breaking news, investigative reporting, accurate forecasts, and dedication to local sports ensure KOAM’s coverage not only wins in ratings and awards but makes us part of families’ lives. A trusted partner within the Four State Area (where Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma touch), KOAM is a vital resource for the community it serves.
What You’ll Earn:
· A competitive annual salary including full benefits Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and long-term disability insurance, EAP, flexible spending account, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, holidays)
· Student loan payback bonuses up to $15,750 over three (3) years.
We’re a dynamic and progressive family-owned business that values our employees, culture, and community. Joining
this program will not only help you implement the skills learned in college and internship programs, but it will also prepare you for the future stages of your career now.
Apply online at KoamNewsNow.com/jobs.
KOAM TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.koamnewsnow.com.