Website KCUR 89.3
NPR in Kansas City
Do you enjoy front facing work with the excitement of back-office candor? KCUR is looking for an organized, people-oriented front desk receptionist for a fulfilling part-time role at our office in Kansas City.
Join our team in an interesting, challenging, and fun role, supporting the work of all staff. This position will share duties with the other receptionist.
- Provide general office support
- Greet and host guests, including talk show guests
- Answer and handle all phone call and general emails
- Maintain log of listener feedback
- Distribute mail and handle packages
- Report maintenance issues
- Coordinate orders and distribution of office supplies once a month
- Assist Membership department and Sponsorship sales team as needed
- Maintain updated staff contact list
- Handle general correspondence and provide office support
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired if necessary
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences, and passions. If you think quickly on your feet and provide calm, kind, and informed customer service, please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- Two years of experience in a business, communications, media, educational or similar setting working with professionals and the public.
- Experience in customer service and problem-solving is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with various personalities.
- Able to interact and communicate diplomatically with a wide variety of listeners and guests, external organizations, internal departments, management and other team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Full time/Part time
Part time, non-benefit eligible. Two days (16 hours) per week.
How to Apply
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri – Kansas City. Please apply online at UMKC’s website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/ Select “Staff Position,” then “View Jobs,” then “View All Jobs.” Review of applications will begin immediately. This posting will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.kcur.org.