Website Kansas Association of Broadcasters
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We will be accepting applications through June 15.
The KAB is a trade association that has represented full-power TV and radio stations in the state of Kansas for the last 71 years. Our mission is to promote free over-the-air broadcasting for the purpose of enhancing the success of Kansas broadcasters and helping them better serve the people of Kansas. We do this by lobbying for our industry at the state and federal level, providing education and training for Kansas broadcasters, and celebrating our members’ outstanding work via our annual awards.
The Director of Programs/Member Relations is a newly formed, full-time role at the KAB and will work in tandem with the KAB President. The director will oversee our vendor and member-relations programs, as well as assist in executing in-person events.
Primary Director job responsibilities include:
- Oversee the Public Education Partnership (PEP) Program:
– Maintain PEP database of participating stations and station contacts
– Compile KAB materials to be sent with spots (cover letters, Issues/Program pages, traffic instructions)
– Send traffic instructions to participating stations for each PEP campaign, aswell as monthly traffic summaries
– Receive and review affidavits and compile reports for PEP partners
– Scan affidavits and save to appropriate format for reporting
2. Oversee the Alternate Broadcast Inspection (ABIP) Program:
– Maintain ABIP database of past and upcoming ABIP inspections
– Send quarterly reminders to stations regarding ABIP expiration/renewal
– Receive station ABIP requests and coordinate with KAB ABIP inspector
– Send stations certificate of completion upon inspection conclusion
3. Oversee KAB Awards Programs (Student and Station)
– Update KAB Award Call for Entries document annually
– Oversee entry portal throughout the Call for Entries period
– Review all entries prior to judging to ensure links are active, entries are complete
– Coordinate with KAB President to ensure all entrants are KAB members
– Liaise with judges throughout the process
– Review winners and create a list for the trophy company and other uses
– Examine awards after engraving
– Assist with all activities related to the KAB Station Awards dinner
4. Member Communications
– Oversee monthly KAB e-newsletter, The Transmitter
– Send KAB member communications via e-blast as needed
– Maintain KAB member database
– Manage KAB social media channels: Twitter, Facebook
– Facilitate yearly KAB membership-renewal process
5. Convention and other KAB Meeting Duties:
– Assist in executing KAB Convention, KAB Sports Seminar, KAB Student Seminar, KAB board meetings, and other events
– Assist in transportation, setup and breakdown of all convention sessions/meetings
– Schedule KAB Congressional meetings for yearly Washington, DC Trip
Qualification Requirements: College degree and 3-5+ years’ experience working in broadcast, non-profit or associations. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. People-oriented with a positive attitude. Ability to travel as needed (in-state travel only). Dependable and detail oriented. Experience with MailChimp, managing social media channels, and membership management databases. Must be proficient with importing and organizing data.
Strongly Desired Qualifications: Broadcast traffic software experience. Knowledge of or former time spent in broadcast industry.
KAB utilizes the following platforms/software: GrowthZone, MailChimp, PicMonkey, QuickBooks Intuit Online, Microsoft Suite.
Benefits include: 3 weeks paid vacation, monthly health insurance stipend, 3% IRA match. Pay commensurate with experience, $50,000-$55,000.
Our office is located in downtown Topeka in the newly renovated Townsite Towers. The building includes amenities such as an on-site café that serves breakfast and lunch and covered secure parking. We are located on Kanas Avenue and steps from many restaurants and shops.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com