KAKE News has an immediate opening for an energetic and enterprising Multi-Media Journalist in a fast paced newsroom.
· Develop, shoot, write and present stories as assigned for newscasts, specials or special projects
· Perform active live shots in the field or studio as assigned by Producer
· Edit Stories as assigned
· Drive and operate station vehicles
· Travel long distances in the execution of assigned duties
· Be available on-call as assigned
· Look for points of difference in storytelling, including walking, talking, touching, feeling and using props in stand-ups and live shots
· Support and champion the KAKE News Brand
· Be able to post video and stories on web and mobile platforms
· Aggressively Pursue Breaking News
· At least 2 years’ experience as a MMJ is preferred
· College degree in broadcast journalism
· Ability to work independently with excellent editorial judgment
· Have a valid driver’s license
· Pleasant and engaging physical appearance and demeanor
· Aggressive and competitive qualities with an overriding sense of good journalism, and fair reporting
Send resume and example of work to:
Lori Johnson, Business Manager
1500 N. West St.
Wichita, KS 67203
No Telephone Calls
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required as well as a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com