KAKE has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist. This position provides the first point of contact to station visitors and callers and routes them to the appropriate employee or department, and will assist the Sales Department in the coordination of KAKE’s many community, sales, and promotional events, as well as assistance to other departments as assigned.
· Welcomes visitors to station and updates the lobby monitor with incoming guest names
· Answers incoming telephone calls and viewer questions or directs caller to appropriate employee or department
· Assists Sales/Traffic Department with daily commercial log reconciliation (compares planned commercial spot times to actual official spot times and notes time differences)
· Assists Sales Department with community event and sales promotion planning, coordination, and execution
· Performs other tasks for various departments as assigned by management
· Pleasant, positive, outgoing personality who deals well with people
· Excellent telephone, interpersonal and written communication skills
· Detail oriented and must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software programs (Excel, Word, Power Point), and willing to be trained to use other computer platforms.
· Available to work occasional nights & weekends for station events
· High school diploma required; associate’s degree or some college courses preferred
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time
Interested candidates can apply to:
Lori Johnson, Business/HR Manager
1500 N. West Street
Wichita, KS 67203
No phone calls, please.
Lockwood Broadcast Group and KAKE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org