ABOUT THE STATION:
WIBW Television is the top rated News Station in Kansas' Capital City. We celebrated 65 years of operation in 2018. WIBW-TV is proud of its many alumni with successful careers at larger markets across the country. We are a leader in News, Weather and Sports information and committed to providing news on web, social media and other platforms. The station has been a market leader in all forms of new technology. WIBW-TV's News Team members have years of experience in covering Northeast Kansas.
WIBW-TV has been leading the way in Local Television Broadcasting for 65 years, and the reason is simple….We have the best people. We are currently seeking a .person that will help evolve what is commonly known as a Production Assistant, and a Master Control Operator into a single job – TMP
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WIBW’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams
· Require skill with Ross production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
· Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
· Work with newsroom computer system.
· Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
· Dedication to care of equipment.
· Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
· Training of new personnel as assigned.
· Assist Production Supervisor in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
· Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
· Great communication and people skills.
· Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience.
· Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers.
· Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations.
· Pre-employment drug screening.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.