To apply for this job, go to: www.gray.tv/applynow
WIBW-TV has been leading the way in Local Television Broadcasting for 65 years, and the reason is simple…. We have the best people. We are currently seeking a person that will help evolve what is commonly known as a Production Assistant, and a Master Control Operator into a single job – TMP.
The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring WIBW’s on-air signals, transmitter, and FCC logs, and ingesting daily programming and commercials. Regular assignments will involve directing specific newscasts, misc. station productions, and various elements for the web channel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Direct live and pre-recorded productions as assigned and monitor all on-air streams
• Require skill with Ross production video switcher, master control video switcher, Harris automation, VizRT graphics, Adobe Photoshop and all supporting equipment in Production/Master Control; including the ability to effectively perform at the following: robotic camera operation, prompter operation, audio operation, commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting/segmenting, and a working knowledge of web production.
• Understanding of FCC program and transmitter logs, and all FCC broadcast regulations.
• Work with newsroom computer system.
• Understanding of all equipment in studios and production areas.
• Dedication to care of equipment.
• Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
• Training of new personnel as assigned.
• Assist Production Supervisor in maintaining clean studios and production areas.
• Variable work schedule due to changing shifts, turnover, station projects, etc.
• Other Duties as Assigned
• Great communication and people skills.
• Newscast directing/Master Control experience or production assistant experience.
• Operating knowledge of PC’s and graphics computers.
• Understanding of FCC broadcast regulations.
• Pre-employment drug screening.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to Federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location that the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment base on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.