Manages the installation, maintenance, and repair of studio, transmitting and ancillary equipment in order to maintain competitive signals in the market while complying with all FCC technical requirements. Includes responsibility for telecommunications, computer, and networking systems.
• Oversees staff that maintains station operation through preventative and corrective maintenance
• Establishes routine maintenance procedures and schedules for all broadcast equipment
• Oversees and assist with the installation and maintenance of control consoles, audio routers, recording equipment, microphones, digital audio systems, transmitters, antennas, control systems, remote equipment, etc.
• Works with local management to coordinate remote broadcasts as needed.
• Responsibilities include compliance with FCC rules and regulations, budgeting, and 24/7 on call.
• Manages a staff of one or more people.
Who We Are:
A leader in the Radio Broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 452 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports and entertainment, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, and the GRAMMY's. Additionally, it is the nation's leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, NASH Country Weekly Online, concerts, licensed products and Television / Video.
What We Offer:
• Cumulus offers an opportunity to embark on a career with the fastest growing media company in the U.S.
• Recognition and reward for outstanding performance.
• Competitive pay and the ability to increase income.
• Benefits, vacation and paid holidays offered for all full-time employees
• Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account with company match, 401k with company match, and Life and Disability coverage.
For more information about Cumulus Media or to apply, please visit www.cumulus.com
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent management skills
• Interact with management and staff at all levels and ability to multi-task, delegate and handle pressures and deadlines
• Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Advanced experience with cluster-wide audio routing, digital audio delivery, EAS, Studio Telephone and engineering IT systems
• Computer literacy in applicable software packages which may include (Microsoft OS and Office Suite, Automation Systems, Novel, Linux, etc.)
• Ability to troubleshoot broadcast equipment to the component level
• Ability to work independently to troubleshoot/repair high-power AM and FM transmitting facilities
• IT skills including local area and wide area networking
• Problem-solving ability and skill in prioritizing
• Knowledge of electrical systems, UPS, and standby generators and record keeping
• Knowledge of telephone systems and protocols including POTS, ISDN, T1, DSL and PRI circuits
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Minimum 7+ years as Chief Engineer
Education and Licensing:
• Associates or technical degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent level of experience
• SBE CBRE Certification a plus
• Must possess valid state driver’s license and provide required proof of personal vehicle insurance